Undo Holiday Excess.
Undo Holiday Excess
After the holidays you may feel a little guilty about all that overeating. Be proactive and undo the damage:
You need to cut out alcohol, minimize sugar and salt, and moderate your intake of fats.
- Stay away from foods that raise blood sugar. This means limiting all grains. Better if you stay off gluten completely but even gluten free grains should be limited.
- Eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruit, at least nine servings a day. These should be the bulk of your meals.
- Eat moderate amounts of protein, primarily wild caught fish or organic egg whites, one serving at each meal.
- Snack on pumpkin seeds, nuts, raw vegetables and fruit.
- Exercise. Take a 30-minute brisk walk daily.
- Take Magnesium Supplement (unless you have kidney problems or are prone to diarrhea) for a few days to compensate for its depletion by alcohol and foods high in sodium and sugar. Magnesium has an anti-inflammatory effect, relaxes muscles and helps with recovery.
- Take a daily therapeutic dose of Omega Fish Oil . This helps reverse inflammation that built up from overeating.
- Take N-Acetyl-Cysteine An antioxidant, this amino acid derivative also counters inflammation. It helps fight flu, too, which makes it especially appropriate at this time of year.
- Drink four cups of naturally decaffeinated organic green tea daily. Green tea has antioxidant effects that will help your body detoxify naturally.
I wish you to stay healthy,
Inna Lukyanovsky, RPh, CGP
Functional Medicine Practitioner
I wish you to stay healthy now and ALWAYS!
P.S. I have a Healing Communtiy forum page where you can ask questions, share your story, give or get an advice, etc. Great chance to communicate for all of us. Just click
Return from Here to Home page of my site